Sunday, April 16, 2006

Hope

The Four Candles

The Four Candles burned slowly.
Their Ambiance was so soft you
could hear them speak...


The first candle said, "I Am Peace,
but these days, nobody wants to
keep me lit."

Then Peace's flame slowly diminishes
and goes out completely.


The second candle says, "I Am Faith,
but these days, I am no longer
indispensable."

Then Faith's flame slowly diminishes
and goes out completely.


Sadly the third candle spoke, "I Am
Love and I haven't the strength to
stay lit any longer."
"People put me aside and don't
understand my importance. They
even forget to love those who are
nearest to them."

And waiting no longer,
Love goes out completely.


Suddenly...
A child enters the room and sees the
three candles no longer burning. The
child begins to cry, "Why are you
not burning? You are supposed
to stay lit until the end."


Then the Fourth Candle spoke
gently to the little boy, "Don't be
afraid, for I Am Hope, and while I
still burn, we can re-light the other
candles."



With Shining eyes the child took the
Candle of Hope and lit the other
three candles.
Never let the Flame of Hope go out of your life.


With Hope, no matter how bad things
look and are...Peace, Faith and Love
can Shine Brightly in our lives.

No comments: